At a time when activities and stress abound, the escape to the bath has never been more pronounced. While a warm soak is usually a welcome respite, many homeowners still crave the massaging waters of a jetted tub to soothe aching muscles and psyches.
The interest in freestanding soakers has allowed the tub to inch its way back into bathroom design. The bonus to that is the fact that many manufacturers provide a range of options that can be incorporated into the tub, allowing bathing to be elevated to a truly personalized experience.
Among the trends in spa baths are the following:
• Many soaking tubs include options that can be added, such as air injection, whirlpools and massage jets, all designed to customize the bathing experience.
• Several new technologies include tiny bubble enhancements that soften skin while providing a relaxing soak.
• The latest jetted systems employ technology that keeps the pipes cleaner and accessible for easier maintenance.
• Many spa tubs also incorporate elements such as mood lighting/chromatherapy and aromatherapy for greater relaxation.
• Ergonomics is key to comfort in the bath, and today’s tubs feature backrests, slanted designs and armrests to provide the body with the ultimate experience.
• Tub sizes are being adjusted to fit today’s bathrooms, with designs ranging from 60” to fit into standard tub spaces all the way up to fixtures that will fit two bathers comfortably.